Our videos are hosted on Vimeo. If you are having problems with play back here are some possible solutions that Vimeo offers.
Often problems can be resolved by clearing your cache on a page or the browser so try that first.
To clear the cache in your browser hold down the shift button and reload the page. This method resets the information about the page that's stored in your browser.
Problem: Video starts and stops (buffers) during playback?
This will allow the player to select the best quality video file to stream. If “Auto” is not available, switch to one of the lower quality options.
You may also want to try one of the following:
- Close extra browser tabs or other applications that may be using up your bandwidth.
- Make sure you’re using the latest version of your browser.
A) Video doesn't display, although audio may be playing in the background Hardware acceleration is a technology that
modern web browsers use to increase the performance of your computer.
Browsers utilize it when trying to load something that requires more
computing power than normal. This can range from things like online
gaming to video playback.
B) Severe video pixelation
C) Whites in videos appear as greys
Unfortunately, hardware acceleration doesn't work well with certain graphics cards, especially older card models. As a result, certain issues may occur in your browser, including during video playback. In most cases involving video playback, these issues manifest in one of three ways:
You can resolve these issues on your own computer by disabling hardware acceleration in your browser:
- Open a new tab and go to "chrome://flags"
- Find "Disable hardware-accelerated video decode" and click "Enable"
- Restart Chrome
- Click the Firefox button at the top-right of the Menu bar
- Go to the "Options" menu and then click "Options" again
- Click the "Advanced" tab at the top, then "General" below that
- Uncheck "Use hardware acceleration when available"
- Click OK and restart Firefox
- Click the Settings (gear) icon
- Choose Internet Options
- Select the Advanced tab
- Check the box under Accelerated Graphics that reads "Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering"
- Click Apply, then click OK
- Restart Internet Explorer 11